About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Compact and ergonomic blade-right design at only 10-5/8" Long
- Weighs only 6.4 lbs. With 2.0Ah battery (battery not included) for operator comfort
- Powerful Makita built electronically controlled BL motor delivers 5, 000 RPM for faster cutting and ripping
- Auto-start wireless system (AWS) utilizes Bluetooth technology for Wireless Power-on/off communication between tool and optional dust extractor
- Aws capable with auto-start wireless transmitter (part No. 198901-5) sold separately
Makita created a new class in cordless with 18V LXT sub-compact tools. Makita sub-compact gives users 12V handling with 18V performance, and compatibility with the worlds largest 18V cordless tool system. The XSH05ZB is engineered for cutting and ripping applications, and is ideal for any contractor seeking a more compact cutting solution for framing, roofing, formwork, and more. The XSH05ZB is equipped with auto-start wireless system (AWS ), which uses Bluetooth technology for wireless Power-on/off communication with the aws-equipped dust extractor (sold separately). AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and reduces noise. The sub-compact 6-1/2” Circular saw has a compact and ergonomic design at only 10-5/8” and 6.4 lbs. (With 18V LXT compact 2.0Ah battery). The compact size combined with the Makita-built Brushless motor delivers up to 5, 000 RPM and a superior power-to-weight ratio. The saw is equipped with Makita’s automatic speed Change technology, which adjusts cutting speed and torque Under load for optimum cutting performance. The efficient brushless motor is electronically controlled to provide up to 50% longer run time than non-brushless motors, and in run-time testing The Xsh05 made up to 174 cross cuts in 2x10 SPF lumber on a single charge of the 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery (sold separately). for extended run time users can load up a high amp-hour 18V LXT battery (all sold separately) including 2.0Ah (BL1820B), 3.0Ah (BL1830B), 4.0Ah (BL1840B), 5.0Ah (BL1850B) or 6.0Ah (BL1860B). added convenience features include dual L.E.D. Lights, electric brake, built-in tether notch (tether sold separately), and extreme protection technology (XPT ) for improved dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions. For improved dust extraction, The rear dust port easily connects to a vacuum system (dust extraction accessories sold separately). it’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT system, the worlds largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion batteries. Makita 18V LXT batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star protection Computer controls . Star protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the Star symbol on the battery indicating Star protection inside.
|Item Weight||7.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.87 x 13.5 x 8.87 inches|
|Item model number||XSH05ZB|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Tool only (battery and charger not included), 6-1/2" 24T C.T. Saw Blade (A-85092), Dust Extracting Attachment (199230-9), Hex Wrench (783203-8)|
|Warranty Description||3-year limited warranty|
From the manufacturer
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT system, the cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion batteries. Makita 18V LXT batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Makita XSH05ZB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless 6-1/2” Circular Saw, AWS Capable, Tool Only
Sub-Compact Cutting and Ripping with Wireless Dust Extraction On/Off Capability with AWS
Makita created a new class in cordless with 18V LXT Sub-Compact tools. Makita Sub-Compact gives users 12V handling with 18V performance, and compatibility with the world’s largest 18V cordless tool system. The XSH05ZB is engineered for cutting and ripping applications, and is ideal for any contractor seeking a more compact cutting solution for framing, roofing, formwork, and more.
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Large cutting capacity (2-1/4” at 90°) and bevel capacity (0°- 50°)
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Electric brake for maximum productivity